Montserrat Morning Tour includes:
- pick-up and drop off at your hotel or residence
- free transport in comfortable minivan
- free water in minivan
- English speaking guide
- Small groups of max 7 persons
From our Tripadvisor reviews:
"This was one of the highlights of our trip to Spain and we would do another tour with him or his brother Peter in a heartbeat!"
B2M Montserrat Tour duration
Pick-up time 07:30 at your hotel or residence
(7.15 pick-up in summer to avoid queues)
Drop-off time around 14:30 at your hotel or residence
Sorry, no cruise ship pick-ups or airport transfers
Only available Monday to Friday Total tour time including transport is 7 hours of which 2 hours is driving and 2,5 hours is walking
B2M Montserrat Tour overview
Montserrat mountain is one of Barcelona and Spain's most popular tourist attractions with breathtaking scenery, unique rock formations and panoramic views of the Catalan countryside. This historic monastery has been perched at 726 metres height on Montserrat mountain for almost a thousand years.
Our Montserrat half-day tour visits the basilica and sanctuary of the Virgin Mary of Montserrat which is home to the Black Madonna sculpture "La Moreneta." The tour includes a hike up to St. Michaels Cross (around 20 minutes walk each way with some steep inclines).
To end the tour we hear the famous Montserrat boys’ choir sing in the Basilica at 1pm (The boys choir does not sing on Saturdays or during school holidays)
Please ask for earlier summer pickup of 07.15 to avoid queues in high season
Scroll down page for more photos of this tour.
B2M Montserrat Tour special considerations* Guests should wear walking shoes or trainers, not flip flops, sandals or high heels.
* A normal level of fitness is required.
* Children must be minimum 8 years on standard tours
* Children must be 4 years on private tours and 1 mtr (3 ft 3 in tall and able to sit on a child booster seat with adult seat belt for the entire duration of the driving time.
* If you would like a shorter Montserrat tour without hiking and the boys choir, please take a look at our morning 4 hour Montserrat Express Tour
HEALTH and WALKING:
The standard tour is not recommended for guests with reduced mobility or walking difficulties. It includes around 2 hours of walking on paths with quite steep inclines and some steps. Please inquire about a private version of this tour if you would prefer a Montserrat tour with less walking. Sorry, but we cannot bring wheelchairs on standard or private tours.
Price B2M Montserrat Mountain & Basilica half-day tour
Price per person is €79
Prices 2 to 7 persons are:
7 persons - € 79 per person = €553
6 persons - € 79 per person = €474
5 persons - € 79 per person = €395
4 persons - € 79 per person = €316
3 persons - € 79 per person = €237
2 persons - € 79 per person = €158
Nb! Minimum 4 guests needed to schedule tour
Sorry, no 1 person bookings/pickups
Included in B2M Montserrat half-day tour price:
- pick-up and drop off at your hotel/residence in Barcelona
- free transport in air-conditioned minivan
- guided tour of the monastery and hike on the mountain
- free water in minivan
Not included in B2M Montserrat half-day tour price:
- breakfast (approx €5. You will return to Barcelona in time for lunch)
How to book B2M Montserrat tour
Places are very limited because of our small group size. Booking is possible until 24 hours before a tour, but we ask that you book in advance to have the best chance of getting places.
To inquire about places please fill out the booking inquiry form below. When we have received your booking inquiry, we will check availability and contact you. Then to confirm your places and guarantee your tour, we ask that you pay a deposit of the tour amount by credit card. You can also choose to pay the full tour amount in advance if you prefer.
TIP: To guarantee departure, book a private tour for just your group: tick the "Make this a private tour" box in the booking form below.
Photos from our Montserrat Tour from Barcelona taken by our guides
B2M MORNING tour to Montserrat Mountain & Basilica - € 79 per person
We are very sorry, but this tour is not available until 2023.
Our company is in a transition period following 2 years of the Covid pandemic.
In 2022 we only offer day tours from Barcelona to Andorra
Thank you for your understanding.
Booking and Tour Terms & Conditions:1) Reservations are usually confirmed within 12 hours by email.
2) We do not offer family, children or group discounts because our groups sizes are very small, from 2 to 7 guests. Sorry, no 1 person bookings.
3) Children must be minimum 8 years of age for all standard tours and 4 years of age for private tour. Contact us for private tours
4) Many of our tours have several hours of walking, so a normal level of fitness is required. Our tours are not suitable for people with bad hips or knees or other mobility impairments. It is the responsibility of the person booking to inform us of any special needs or health issues including walking difficulties or fitness issues.
5) We do not offer tours to wedding stag groups or groups in fancy dress
6) Tours are non-alcoholic and non-smoking during transport
7) No picnics and food or snacks cannot be consumed in the minivan.
8) Only water can be consumed in minivan. Sweet fizzy drinks and alcholic drinks are not permitted
9) Tour prices do not include meals and snacks
10) Tours are only in English language
Refund policy and full Terms and Conditions:
* Full refund up to 7 days before tour
* Please check our refund policy and our full terms and conditions here before booking: Full Terms and Conditions