Montserrat tour includes:
- pick-up and drop off at your hotel or residence
- free transport in comfortable minivan
- free water in minivan
- 2 English speaking guides
- Private groups only of max 6 guests
Montserrat tour duration
Pick-up time 10 a.m. at your hotel or residence
Drop-off time around 3 p.m. at your hotel or residence
Only available Monday to Friday.
Total tour time including transport is 5 hours of which 2 hours is driving and 2,5 hours is comfortable walking.
Tripadvisor 5 star reviews:
DayTripsBarcelona is a member of TripAdvisor's Hall of Fame - earned by 5 years of Excellence
'This was one of the highlights of our trip to Spain and we would do another tour with Carl or his brother Peter in a heartbeat!'
Photos from our Montserrat Tour
B2M Tour overview
Montserrat mountain is one of Barcelona and Spain's most popular tourist attractions with breathtaking scenery, unique rock formations and panoramic views of the Catalan countryside. This historic monastery has been perched at 726 metres height on Montserrat mountain for almost a thousand years.
Our Montserrat half-day tour visits the Basilica and sanctuary of the Virgin Mary of Montserrat which is home to the Black Madonna sculpture 'La Moreneta.' The tour includes walking tour of the monastery area tickets for the Basilica and Black Virgin. After the visit to the Basilica and the Black Virgin, options include a walk to St. Michaels Cross (around 40 min. walk in total with some steep inclines), a funicular train ride (€16 per person), or seeing the famous Montserrat Boys’ Choir sing in the Basilica at 1 p.m (€ 8 per person pending availibility).
B2M Montserrat Tour special considerations
* Guests should wear walking shoes or trainers, not flip flops, sandals or high heels.
* A normal level of fitness is required.
* Children must be 4 years old, 1 mtr (3 ft 3 in tall) and able to sit on a child booster seat with adult seat belt for the entire duration of the driving time.
HEALTH & WALKING:
The tour is not recommended for guests with reduced mobility or walking difficulties. It includes around 2.5 hours of walking with some steps. Sorry, but we cannot bring wheelchairs on standard or private tours.
Price B2M Montserrat Mountain & Basilica half-day tour
Price per guest is €115 in group of 4
6 guests - € 690 total
5 guests - € 575 total
1 to 4 guests - € 460 total
Note: Tour prices begin at the 4 guest tour price also for groups under 4 guests.
Pick-up at one location only.
Included in B2M Montserrat half-day tour price:- pick-up and drop off at your hotel/residence in Barcelona
- free transport in air-conditioned minivan
- guided tour of the monastery including tickets for the basilica and Black Madonna
- optional short guided hike on the mountain
- free water in minivan
Not included in B2M Montserrat tour price:- lunch not included. There will be time for a snack lunch.
- optional tickets for the funicular ride are €16 per person.
- optional tickets for the Boys' Choir are €8 per person (subject to availibility, not possible to combine with funicular).
How to book B2M Montserrat tour:Tours are limited due to small group size so please book well in advance. Booking is not possible 48 hours before a tour
To inquire about tours please fill out the booking inquiry form below. When we have received your booking inquiry, we will check availability and contact you. To confirm your places and guarantee your tour, we ask that you pre-pay a deposit of the tour amount by credit card. You can also choose to pay the full tour amount in advance, if you prefer.
B2M MORNING tour to Montserrat Mountain & Basilica - € 115 per person (Tour prices start at the 4 person tour price for groups under 4 persons.)
Booking and Tour Terms & Conditions:1) Reservations are usually confirmed within 12 hours by email.
2) We do not offer family, children or group discounts because our groups sizes are very small.
3) Children must be minimum 4 years of age for private tour.
4) Many of our tours have several hours of walking, so a normal level of fitness is required. Our tours are not suitable for people with bad hips or knees or other mobility impairments. It is the responsibility of the person booking to inform us of any special needs or health issues including walking difficulties or fitness issues.
5) We do not offer tours to wedding stag groups or groups in fancy dress
6) Tours are non-alcoholic and non-smoking during transport
7) No picnics and food or snacks can be consumed in the minivan.
8) Only water can be consumed in minivan.
9) Tour prices do not include meals and snacks
10) Tours are only in English language
Refund policy and full Terms and Conditions:
* Full refund up to 7 days before tour
* Please check our refund policy and our full terms and conditions here before booking: Full Terms and Conditions