Montserrat Afternoon Tour includes:
- pick-up and drop off at your hotel or residence
- free transport in comfortable minivan
- free water in minivan
- English speaking guide
- Small groups of max 7 persons
From our Tripadvisor reviews:
"YOU MUST BOOK WITH DAYS TRIPS BARCELONA, one of the highlights of our 2 weeks in Spain!"
B2A Montserrat Tour timetable
Pick-up time 14:30 at your hotel or residence
Drop-off time around 20:30 at your hotel or residence
Sorry, no cruise ship pick-ups or airport transfers
Only available Monday to Friday
Duration: 6 hours: 2 hours driving and 4 hours visiting the monastery.
B2A Montserrat Afternoon Tour overview
Montserrat mountain and abbey is one of Barcelona and Spain's most popular tourist attractions with breathtaking scenery, unique rock formations and panoramic views of the countryside. This historic abbey and monastery has been perched at 726 metres height on Montserrat mountain for almost a thousand years.
Our Montserrat afternoon tour starts with a 1 hour walk up to St. Michaels Cross (around 20 minutes walk each way with some quite steep inclines) to enjoy breathtaking views. Then we visit the basilica and sanctuary of the Virgin Mary of Montserrat and visit the sacred shrine of the Black Madonna sculpture "La Moreneta."
Note: this tour does not include hearing the boys’ choir sing.
Scroll down page for photos of this tour.
B2A Montserrat Tour special considerations* Guests should wear walking shoes or trainers, not flip flops, sandals or high heels.
* A normal level of fitness is required.
* Children must be minimum 8 years on standard tours
* Children must be 4 years on private tours and 1 mtr (3 ft 3 in tall and able to sit on a child booster seat with adult seat belt for the entire duration of the driving time.
* There can be lines to visit the Virgin's shrine.
* If you would like a shorter Montserrat tour without hiking and the boys choir, please take a look at our morning 4 hour Montserrat Express Tour
HEALTH and WALKING:
The standard tour is not recommended for guests with reduced mobility or walking difficulties. It includes around 2 hours of walking on paths with quite steep inclines and some steps. Please inquire about a private version of this tour if you would prefer a Montserrat tour with less walking. We are sorry, but we cannot bring wheelchairs on standard or private tours.
Price B2A Montserrat Mountain & Basilica afternoon tour
Price per person is €79
Prices 2 to 7 persons are:
7 persons - € 79 per person = €553
6 persons - € 79 per person = €474
5 persons - € 79 per person = €395
4 persons - € 79 per person = €316
3 persons - € 79 per person = €237
2 persons - € 79 per person = €158
Nb! Minimum 4 guests needed to schedule tour
Sorry, no 1 person bookings/pickups
Included in B2A Montserrat afternoon tour price:
- pick-up and drop off at your hotel/residence in Barcelona
- free transport in air-conditioned minivan
- guided tour of the monastery and hike on the mountain
- free water in minivan
Not included in B2A Montserrat afternoon tour price:
- Snacks (approx €5. You will return to Barcelona in time for dinner)
How to book B2A Montserrat tour
Places are very limited because of our small group size. Booking is possible until 24 hours before a tour, but we ask that you book in advance to have the best chance of getting places.
To inquire about places please fill out the booking inquiry form below. When we have received your booking inquiry, we will check availability and contact you. Then to confirm your places and guarantee your tour, we ask that you pay a deposit of the tour amount by credit card. You can also choose to pay the full tour amount in advance if you prefer.
TIP: To guarantee departure, book a private tour for just your group: tick the "Make this a private tour" box in the booking form below.
Photos from our Montserrat Tour from Barcelona taken by our guides
B2A AFTERNOON tour to Montserrat Mountain & Basilica - € 79 per person
Booking and Tour Terms & Conditions:1) Reservations are usually confirmed within 12 hours by email.
2) We do not offer family, children or group discounts because our groups sizes are very small, from 2 to 7 guests. Sorry, no 1 person bookings.
3) Children must be minimum 8 years of age for all standard tours and 4 years of age for private tour. Contact us for private tours
4) Many of our tours have several hours of walking, so a normal level of fitness is required. Our tours are not suitable for people with bad hips or knees or other mobility impairments. It is the responsibility of the person booking to inform us of any special needs or health issues including walking difficulties or fitness issues.
5) We do not offer tours to wedding stag groups or groups in fancy dress
6) Tours are non-alcoholic and non-smoking during transport
7) No picnics and food or snacks cannot be consumed in the minivan.
8) Only water can be consumed in minivan. Sweet fizzy drinks and alcholic drinks are not permitted
9) Tour prices do not include meals and snacks
10) Tours are only in English language
Refund policy and full Terms and Conditions:
* Full refund up to 7 days before tour
* Please check our refund policy and our full terms and conditions here before booking: Full Terms and Conditions