Montserrat and Cava tour includes:
- pick-up and drop off at your hotel or residence
- free water in comfortable minivan
- English speaking guide
- Small groups of max 7 persons
* Only available Monday to Friday
From our Tripadvisor reviews:
"3 generations of our family highly recommend touring with Carl!"
Montserrat and Cava timetable:
Pick-up time: 07.00 at your hotel or apartment
Drop-off time: 14:30 at your hotel or apartment
Duration: 7.5 hours - 2.5 hours driving and 2 hours walking.
B6 Montserrat and Cava Half-day Tour overview
On our 2019 signature Montserrat and Cava tour, we show you the magnificent beauty and rock formations of the UNESCO world heritage site Montserrat mountain, which is also the stunning setting for the Montserrat basilica church and abbey perched on the mountainside at an altitude of 726m with over 1000 years of dramatic history. Montserrat mountain is the spiritual heart of Catalonia and is one of Barcelona and Spain's best loved attractions venerated for its spirituality, breathtaking scenery and unique rock formations. Montserrat is home to the mythical 12th century Black Virgin "La Moreneta" shrine and to an ancient order of Benedictine monks.
This tour begins with an early morning scenic drive to the monastery ending on some winding mountain roads. Then we guide you through the Basilica and visit the Virgin of Montserrat sculpture and shrine before the tourists arrive. After breakfast we will walk up to St Michaels Cross with even more stunning views that enhance the spirituality of this sacred mountain (around 20 minutes walk each way with some steep inclines). For private tours we can reduce the walk.
We leave Montserrat in the late morning and find ourselves the scenic wine country heading towards Barcelona's biggest wine region, El Penedès, where we visit the famous Cordoniu Cava Winery. This is the oldest family owned company in Spain and one of the oldest in the world - and was founded by Jaume Codorniu in 1551. On the tour of Codorníu we will learn how cava is made both in the old days and today. This spectacular tour takes us 36 metres below the surface into some of the world's longest man-made wine tunnels and cellars in the world. We end the tour with tasting of 2 cavas and a visit to the Codorníu shop.
After the Cordoniu winery visit we take you back to your hotel or apartment. (Guests should plan to have lunch in Barcelona after the tour ends).
Montserrat and Cava special considerations
* Guests should wear walking shoes or trainers, not flip flops, sandals or high heels.
* A normal level of fitness is required.
* Children must be minimum 8 years on standard tours
* Children must be 4 years on private tours and 1 mtr (3 ft 3 in tall and able to sit on a child booster seat with adult seat belt for the entire duration of the driving time.
* This tour does not include hearing the Montserrat boys choir.
HEALTH and WALKING:
The standard tour is not recommended for guests with reduced mobility or walking difficulties. It includes around 2 hours of walking on paths with quite steep inclines and some steps. Please inquire about a private version of this tour if you would prefer a Montserrat tour with less walking. We cannot bring wheelchairs on standard or private tours.
Price B6 Montserrat and Cava half-day tour
Price per person is €109
Prices 2 to 7 persons are:
7 persons - € 109 per person = €763
6 persons - € 109 per person = €654
5 persons - € 109 per person = €545
* 4 persons - € 109 per person = €436
* 3 persons - € 109 per person = €327
* 2 persons - € 109 per person = €218
Sorry, no 1 person bookings/pickups
* Sorry but we cannot guarantee departure for groups under 5 persons unless you book a private tour.
For a private version of this tour please tick the "Make this a private tour" box in the booking form at the bottom of this page.
Otherwise, bookings of up to 4 persons can be put on stand-by, until we have 5 guests in total and can schedule a tour.
Included in Montserrat and Cava tour price:
- personal pick-up and drop off at your hotel/residence in Barcelona
- English speaking guide who stays with you all day
- guided hike at Montserrat, Cordoniu Cava tour with tasting of 2 cavas
- free water in mini-van
Not included in tour price:
- Meals and snacks are not included
(We have breakfast at Montserrat. Guests should plan to have lunch in Barcelona after the tour ends))
How to book B6 Montserrat and Cava tour
Places are very limited because of our small group size. Booking is possible until 24 hours before a tour, but we ask that you book in advance to have the best chance of getting places.
To inquire about places please fill out the booking inquiry form below. When we have received your booking inquiry, we will check availability and contact you. Then to confirm your places and guarantee your tour, we ask that you pay a deposit of the tour amount by credit card. You can also choose to pay the full tour amount in advance if you prefer.
TIP: To guarantee departure, book a private tour for just your group: tick the "Make this a private tour" box in the booking form below.
Photos from our Montserrat and Cava Tour taken by our guides
B6 Montserrat and Cava Half-day tour - € 109 per person
Booking and Tour Terms & Conditions:
1) Reservations are usually confirmed within 12 hours by email.
2) We do not offer family, children or group discounts because our groups sizes are very small, from 2 to 7 guests. Sorry, no 1 person bookings.
3) Children must be minimum 8 years of age for all standard tours and 4 years of age for private tour. Contact us for private tours
4) Many of our tours have several hours of walking, so a normal level of fitness is required. Our tours are not suitable for people with bad hips or knees or other mobility impairments. It is the responsibility of the person booking to inform us of any special needs or health issues including walking difficulties or fitness issues.
5) We do not offer tours to wedding stag groups or groups in fancy dress
6) Tours are non-alcoholic and non-smoking during transport
7) No picnics and food or snacks cannot be consumed in the minivan.
8) Only water can be consumed in minivan. Sweet fizzy drinks and alcholic drinks are not permitted
9) Tour prices do not include meals and snacks
10) Tours are only in English language
Refund policy and full Terms and Conditions:
* Full refund up to 7 days before tour
* Please check our refund policy and our full terms and conditions here before booking: Full Terms and Conditions