B3 Montserrat & Wine Day Tour includes:
- pick-up and drop off at your hotel or residence
- free transport in comfortable minivan
- free water in minivan
- English speaking guide
- Small groups of max 7 persons
From our Tripadvisor reviews:
"...,fantastic day out,and thank you on behalf of us all.I would recommend you to anyone who wants a personal tour just brilliant...."
B3 Montserrat & Wine Day Tour: timetable
Pick-up time: 07.00 at your hotel or apartment
(Sorry, cruise ship pick-up not possible)
Drop-off time: 16:30 at your hotel or apartment
Total tour time including transport is 9.5 hours of which 3.5 hours is driving and 2 hours is a walking tour.
B3 Montserrat & Wine Day Tour overview
On this popular Day Tour from Barcelona we show you the magnificent beauty and rock formations of the UNESCO world heritage site Montserrat mountain, which is also the stunning setting for the Montserrat basilica church and monastery perched on the mountainside at an altitude of 726m with over 1000 years of dramatic history. Montserrat mountain is the spiritual heart of Catalunya and is one of Barcelona and Spain's best loved attractions venerated for its spirituality, breathtaking scenery and unique rock formations. Montserrat is home to the mythical 12th century Black Virgin "La Moreneta" shrine and to an ancient order of Benedictine monks.
This tour begins with a scenic drive to the monastery ending on some winding mountain roads. Then we guide you through the Basilica and visit the Virgin of Montserrat sculpture and shrine. After breakfast we will walk up to St Michaels Cross with even more stunning views that enhance the spirituality of this sacred mountain (around 20 minutes walk each way with some steep inclines).
Lunch is usually a light snack lunch at the Monastery.
In the afternoon we are in the scenic wine country to Barcelona's biggest wine region, El Penedès, where we visit the world famous Bodegas Torres vineyard who give us an exceptional tour of their modern winery with rich traditions. Torres Winery has been owned and operated by the Torres family since 1870. Torres Vineyard has won numerous wine awards and wine tour awards. After touring the vineyard you will enjoy a wine tasting of 2 glasses of popular Torres wines and at a small additional cost you can taste more Torres wines and Torres brandy. We finish with a visit to the fascinating Torres family wine museum and the Torres wine and gift shop. After the Torres winery visit we take you back to your hotel or apartment
This tour does not include hearing Escolania de Montserrat boys choir sing.
B3 Montserrat & Wine Day Tour special considerations* Guests should wear walking shoes or trainers, not flip flops, sandals or high heels.
* A normal level of fitness is required.
* Children must be minimum 8 years on standard tours
* Children must be 4 years on private tours and 1 mtr (3 ft 3 in tall and able to sit on a child booster seat with adult seat belt for the entire duration of the driving time.
* The boys choir does not sing on Saturdays or on school holidays.
HEALTH and WALKING:
The standard tour is not recommended for guests with reduced mobility or walking difficulties. It includes around 2 hours of walking on paths with quite steep inclines and some steps. Please inquire about a private version of this tour if you would prefer a Montserrat tour with less walking. Sorry, but we cannot bring wheelchairs on standard or private tours.
Price B3 Montserrat & Wine Day Tour
Price per person is €109
Prices 2 to 7 persons are:
7 persons - € 109 per person = €763
6 persons - € 109 per person = €654
5 persons - € 109 per person = €545
* 4 persons - € 109 per person = €436
* 3 persons - € 109 per person = €327
* 2 persons - € 109 per person = €218
Sorry, no 1 person bookings/pickups
* Sorry but we cannot guarantee departure for groups under 5 persons unless you book a private tour.
For a private version of this tour please tick the "Make this a private tour" box in the booking form at the bottom of this page.
Otherwise, bookings of up to 4 persons can be put on stand-by, until we have 5 guests in total and can schedule a tour.
Included in B3 Montserrat & Wine Day Tour tour price:
- pick-up and drop off at your hotel/residence in Barcelona
- free transport & water in air-conditioned minivan
- guided tour of the monastery and mountain walk
- Torres Winery tour with tasting of 2 wines, white and red
Not included in B3 Montserrat & Wine Day Tour price:
- breakfast & snack lunch (approx €20)
How to book B3 Montserrat & Wine tour
Places are very limited because of our small group size. (groups of max 7 pers)
Booking is possible until 24 hours before a tour, but we ask that you book in advance to have the best chance of getting places.
To inquire about places please fill out the booking inquiry form below. When we have received your booking inquiry, we will check availability and contact you. Then to confirm your places and guarantee your tour, we ask that you pay a deposit of the tour amount by credit card. You can also choose to pay the full tour amount in advance if you prefer.
TIP: To guarantee departure, book a private tour for just your group: tick the "Make this a private tour" box in the booking form below.
Photos from our Montserrat & Wine Day Tour taken by our guides
B3 Day Tour Montserrat mountain and Torres Vineyards - € 109 per person
Booking and Tour Terms & Conditions:1) Reservations are usually confirmed within 12 hours by email.
2) We do not offer family, children or group discounts because our groups sizes are very small, from 2 to 7 guests. Sorry, no 1 person bookings.
3) Children must be minimum 8 years of age for all standard tours and 4 years of age for private tour. Contact us for private tours
4) Many of our tours have several hours of walking, so a normal level of fitness is required. Our tours are not suitable for people with bad hips or knees or other mobility impairments. It is the responsibility of the person booking to inform us of any special needs or health issues including walking difficulties or fitness issues.
5) We do not offer tours to wedding stag groups or groups in fancy dress
6) Tours are non-alcoholic and non-smoking during transport
7) No picnics and food or snacks cannot be consumed in the minivan.
8) Only water can be consumed in minivan. Sweet fizzy drinks and alcholic drinks are not permitted
9) Tour prices do not include meals and snacks
10) Tours are only in English language
Refund policy and full Terms and Conditions:
* Full refund up to 7 days before tour
* Please check our refund policy and our full terms and conditions here before booking: Full Terms and Conditions